Get our wellness guru’s morning routine secrets, as well as her tips and tricks to staying healthy, shining brighter and living lighter. Plus you don’t want to miss her next-level smoothie recipe.
I am a busy mom to two girls so I need to be able to wake up and tackle the day. After several health scare experiences I have customised this morning routine according to my health needs and lifestyle. How you start your day is most important. These smart tips could change your life forever. Enjoy!
Love Lisa x
As soon as I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I do is put my bone broth on the stove to warm up. I know it doesn’t sound very appealing first thing in the morning, but it gets easier to drink and the health benefits of bone broth are amazing. I’ve also found my favourite brand – its called BONE. Whilst my bone broth is brewing I drink my kefir along with Metagenics’ L’glutamine powder, and of course I my metagenics probiotic.
Then I squeeze half a fresh lemon and mix it with a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper , 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into freshly boiled water.
Afterwards I have my daily indulgence of coffee (just one a day), which I have with either a spoon of MCT or coconut oil ( this helps with the slow release in the gut ). Once I’ve had my morning coffee I jump on my Rebounder for 10 to 12 minutes, which to be honest is all I think you need — It makes you sweat like nothing else!
For additional exercize I love Barre Body. It’s lengthening and strengthening, plus some running planks to get the heart rate up.
I have also learnt you don’t have to exercise yourself to death each day to be healthy! I love to go for walks up the mountain with my husband and our dog, and also try to fit in a few yoga or pilates classes where I can.
On the weekends in summer you will find me on the river — where we waterski and wake skate. It’s my best!
Here’s my killer morning smoothie recipe:
- Activated almonds, 1 handful
- Frozen blueberries, 1 handful
- Kale, or spinach 1 handful (usually lightly fried first)
- 1 Scoop of Metagenics GI Sustain Powder (for my tummy)
- 1 Scoop of my Barre Body Powder or Wazoogles Powder
- Cinnamon, sprinkled
- 1 tsp of either coconut oil, or MCT oil.
- Filtered water to the consistency of your choice
- Chia seeds that have been soaked (on top)
- Nut butter of your choice
Tip: Swap things around – add Paw Paw & 1/2 a banana for extra flavour ( always have frozen banana in your fridge)
I mix up powders like Spirulina, Moringa Macca and Cocoa nibs. I play around every day with anything I have in my kitchen. I also love all the O Mega Nutbutters, and at the moment I especially enjoy the Tahini one. (roast the tahini first then mix it with the Cocoa and coconut oil – YUM. Try and not eat this one by the spoonful!
- Mix almonds, blueberries, kale together with water, the oil of your choice and powders. Add in any extra nutrients you like. Play around with these every day to find what you enjoy and what works for you.
- Add a teaspoon of a nut butter of your choice
- Add to your NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or flask if you’re on the run, sprinkle with chia seends and cinnamon powder. Enjoy!
You need to remember to switch it up a lot, so you are taking in diverse nutrients. I have recently discovered Clementine, Pear and Kale. Try it!